BTV-Business Television provides the latest insights from market analysts, along with the Weekly Market Wrap. Just click on the tabs and video below.
Market recap in under four minutes by Taylor Thoen. This week: $440mil lost in 45 minutes, a social media company worth twice its IPO, and the rejection of a $1.8Bil offer.
Highlights of this business week:
- Knight Capital (NYSE: KCG) reports losing millions.
- General Motors (GM: NYSE) reports quarterly earnings.
- LinkedIn (LNKD: NYSE) releases Q2 revenue report.
- Dundee Precious Metals Inc. (TSX: DPM) (TSX: DPM.WT.A) reports increase in earnings for the second quarter 2012.
- Novadaq® Technologies Inc. (TSX: NDQ) (NASDAQ: NVDQ), reports increasing Q2 revenue by 48% from last year.
- Research In Motion (NASDAQ: RIMM) (TSX: RIM) launched the new 4G LTE(TM) BlackBerry® PlayBook(TM) tablet.
- Agrium Inc. (TSX: AGU) (NYSE:AGU) sells stake in nitrogen facility to CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (CF: NYSE).
- Lowe’s Cos Inc (LOW: NYSE), offers to buy Rona Inc. (RON: TSX).
- Castle Peak Mining (TSX.V: CAP)
- Geologix Explorations Inc. (TSX: GIX)
- Bowood Energy Inc. (TSX.V: BWD)
- Vista Gold (TSX/NYSE: VGZ)
All videos courtesy of BTV.