BTV-Business Television provides the latest insights from market analysts, along with the Weekly Market Wrap. Just click on the tabs and video below.
Market recap in under four minutes by Taylor Theon. This week: Opposition to Bell’s takeover of Astral. The sale of $6.9bil in assets, and the U.S. Federal Reserve’s latest plan.
Highlights of this business week:
- Ben Bernanke states U.S. Federal Reserve will inject $40 Bil/mo into economy.
- Potash Corp (POT: TSX) raises quarterly dividend 50%.
- Empire Company Ltd. (TSX: EMP.A) reports increase in profits.
- Apple (NASAD: APPL) reveals Iphone 5.
- Nintendo Co. (NTDOY:OTO) unveiled the Wii U.
- biOasis Technologies Inc. (TSX.V:BTI) shares up upon new research regarding breast cancer.
- Telus Corp. (TSX:T.T) opposes BCE Inc.’s (TSX:BCE) takeover of Astral Media (TSX:ACM.A)
- Chesapeake Energy (NYSE: CHK) focuses on oil – sells assets.
- Copper Fox Metals Inc. (TSX.V: CUU)
- Balmoral Resources (TSXV: BAR)
- Atna Resources Ltd. (TSX: ATN)
- Nautlis Minerals (TSX: NUS)
- Sandstorm Gold (TSX.V: SSL)
All videos courtesy of BTV – Business Television.