BTV-Business Television provides the latest insights from market analysts, along with the Weekly Market Wrap. Just click on the tabs and video below.
Market recap in under four minutes by Taylor Theon. This week: A $225Mil Acquisition / The TSX up more than 1% / Good news for Gold / Does Apple have some competition?
Highlights of this business week:
- Coca-Cola’s newest Drink ‘Dasani Drops’ to be released in the coming weeks.
- Yellow Media (TSX: YLO) Shareholders approve recapitalization proposal, shares rise 21%.
- Entertainment One Ltd. to Acquire Alliance Films for approximately $225 million.
- Goldcorp (TSX: G) (NYSE: GG) Stocks up 89 cents to $41.40.
- Iamgold Corp (TSX: IMG) Stocks up 27 cents to $13.30.
- Lululemon Athletica (TO: LLL) High quarterly profit boosts outlook and stocks 10% to $75.
- Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) Releases four new Kindle tablets. Stocks rise 2.1%.
- Hebei Iron & Steel Group (CN: 000709) acquires two different stakes in Alderon Resources Corp. (TSX: ADV) (NYSE MKT: AXX) for $62.3million and $120 million.
- Inmet Mining Corp ( IMN.TO ) offers to acquire Petaquilla Minerals Ltd. ( PTQ.TO ) for approx. C$112 million.
- Zoolander Corporation (ZOO: TSX.V) $1.5 Mil.
- INV Metals Inc. (INV: TSX) $20 Mil.
- MBAC Fertilizer Corp. (MBC: TSX) $20.2 Mil.
- Mag Silver (TSX: MAG) $33 Mil.
All videos courtesy of BTV – Business Television.