More than a third of Canadians surveyed say not having enough money actually keeps them awake at night, finds a poll by Leger for PC Financial.
More than half (54%) of the 1,578 people surveyed online believe that between $2,000 and six-months’ salary is an appropriate nest egg; but only 29% have this much in their personal savings, while 38% have less than $2,000.
The poll identified Canadians’ top money stressors as:
- buying and selling a home (51% and 47%, respectively);
- sticking to a budget (46%);
- getting and keeping finances in order (45%);
- saving money for needs (44%);
- talking to a spouse or partner about money (35%).