Manulife has made investment team changes affecting certain Standard Life mutual funds.
The investment objectives and guidelines of these funds are not affected. The changes are effective immediately and include:
- Terry Carr, head of MAM’s Canadian Fixed Income team, will now oversee the extended Canadian fixed income team. He and his team will be responsible for the management of funds that include Standard Life Canadian Bond Fund, Standard Life Canadian Bond Class, Standard Life Short Term Bond Fund and Standard Life Tactical Bond Fund. The team will also be responsible for management of the fixed income portion of various balanced funds including Standard Life Balanced Fund. Carr’s team consists of 10 portfolio managers and four analysts, and manages a wide range of fixed-income strategies.
- Manulife Asset Management (US) LLC and Manulife Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited have been appointed as sub-advisers for the Standard Life Global Bond Fund. Daniel Janis and Thomas Goggins of Manulife Asset Management (US) LLC and Kisoo Park of Manulife Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited will assume the management of Standard Life Global Bond Fund.
- Edward (Ted) Whitehead, senior portfolio manager and lead of the MAM Canadian Small Cap Equity Team and Luciano Orengo, portfolio manager, will now assume the additional responsibility of managing Standard Life Canadian Small Cap Fund and Standard Life Canadian Small Cap Class.
- Steve Belisle and Marie-Eve Savard, both portfolio managers with MAM, will from this point co-manage funds that include Standard Life Canadian Dividend Growth Fund, Standard Life Canadian Dividend Growth Class, Standard Life Dividend Income Fund, Standard Life Dividend Income Class as well as the equity portion of Standard Life Tactical Income Fund.
- Monika Skiba, senior portfolio manager, MAM, and head of the Canadian Fundamental Equity team, will now chair the Canadian Asset Mix Committee comprised of Susan Da Sie, Terry Carr and Glen Martin. Martin will be responsible for the implementation of asset mix decisions made by the Committee on funds that include Standard Life Balanced Fund, Standard Life Diversified Income Fund, Standard Life Monthly Income Fund, Standard Life Monthly Income Class and Standard Life Tactical Income Fund.
- Manulife Asset Management (US) LLC has been appointed as sub-adviser to the Portrait Portfolio funds. Glen Martin, senior portfolio manager, Portfolio Solutions Group, MAM, will assume management of asset allocation for the Portrait Portfolios and he will be joined by Robert Boyda and Steven E. Medina of Manulife Asset Management (US) LLC while Cordell Tanny continues to be responsible for fund selection and due diligence for these portfolios.
Effective on or about July 1, 2015, Standard Life Mutual Funds Ltd. and Manulife Asset Management Accord (2015) Inc. will be amalgamated with Manulife Asset Management Limited. Manulife Asset Management Limited will be the investment fund manager of the Standard Life Mutual Funds.