More than half (57%) of Canadians plan to travel this summer and will spend an average of $1,925, a 20% increase over last year, according to a CIBC poll.
- 57% of Canadians surveyed are taking a vacation during July and August, similar to the 56% finding from the same poll last year.
- Among those planning a summer vacation:
- 65% plan to vacation within Canada, down from 73% last year
- 26% are visiting the U.S., comparable to 25% in 2013
- 17% are travelling outside of Canada or U.S., up from 9% last year
- Families with children are somewhat more likely to take vacation this summer (70%) than those with no children (51%), and it will cost them more, averaging $2,300