It’s that time of year again! The New Year marks the start of Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) season. You can help make sure your clients are prepared by providing them with these helpful resources:
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) Simply Put This video outlines how RRSPs work, and how they can help your clients save for their retirement.
- Should I borrow to contribute to my RRSP? This article helps explain RRSP loans and how they might work to help your clients maximize their RRSP contributions.
- Do you know how your investments are taxed? This article outlines how different investments are taxed and can help clients see their investment strategy beyond yield, to total return as well.
- The importance of joining a group pension or RRSP Most Canadians aren’t saving as much as they should be for their retirements. Help your clients see the value in joining their group pension or RRSP program to help them save.
- How much can you contribute to your RRSP? This article explains contribution limits, unused contribution room, contributions to a pension plan, and over contribution.
Help your clients make the most out of this RRSP season. Make sure to remind them that the deadline for 2013 RRSP contributions is March 3, 2014.
© Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada, 2013