The Strategic Partner Program (SPP) is an exclusive club, offering unique benefits and enhanced service to recognize Sun Life Financial’s leading independent insurance advisors. Tapping into the retirement market is an excellent opportunity to help you build your business and gain membership.
Members have access to benefits that can help streamline administration and have new business issued more promptly.
- New ideas – learn from the success of others in an intimate resort venue at our Practice Development Summits*.
- Professional coaching – you have access to The Covenant Group’s Business Builder program at a discounted rate of up to 50% off. The Covenant Group is highly regarded in the professional development field for coaching advisors in building and strengthening their businesses.
- Strengthen your team – have your marketing associate (MA) participate in our MA support program*, including the MA Forum.
- Your own personal contact team – you have an underwriter, case manager, director of advanced planning and various other senior support staff assigned to you.
- Marketing support – you can be reimbursed for up to $1,000 towards the cost of a brochure, website or use a portion of the money for social media training with the Express Yourself benefit.
- Business development allowance – Select and Premier members, along with members who qualify for the Consistent Qualifier, reward will have an allowance for qualified business development activities*.
- Enhanced service – your applications are flagged for front-of-the-line service throughout the entire new business process. As a Strategic Partner, you can initiate your own attending physician statement (APS) and fax the application directly to us. We’ll even offer the physician an incentive to return the APS to us within 5 business days to speed things along.
*Insurance Specialists for IIROC firms need to speak to their firm managers about Practice Development Summits, Marketing Associate Support Programs and Business Development Allowances, and how these benefits will apply.
How to qualify
Clients looking to build their retirement savings or turn their savings into retirement income will need financial protection from life and health events, and our complete product shelf provides your clients with more choice and flexibility from a strong and stable company they know and trust.
We determine membership by the amount of credits earned on the sale of life and living benefits products. Products earn specific credits and your level of membership is based on the type of credits earned. For complete details on qualification criteria, browse the SPP Reference Guide.