CRA has announced the prescribed annual interest rates that will apply to any amounts owed to the CRA and to any amounts the CRA owes to individuals and corporations. These rates will be in effect from July 1, 2014 to September 30, 2014.
- The interest rate charged on overdue taxes, Canada Pension Plan contributions, and employment insurance premiums will be 5%.
- The interest rate to be paid on corporate taxpayer overpayments will be 1%.
Read: When to avoid RRSPs
- The interest rate to be paid on non-corporate taxpayer overpayments will be 3%.
- The interest rate used to calculate taxable benefits for employees and shareholders from interest‑free and low-interest loans will be 1%.
- The interest rate for corporate taxpayers’ pertinent loans or indebtedness will be 4.93%.
Read more here: