CI’s institutional arm offers global real estate fund to Canadians

By Staff | March 15, 2017 | Last updated on March 15, 2017
1 min read

CI Institutional Asset Management, a division of CI Investments Inc., now offers CI Global Private Real Estate Fund, in association with CBRE Global Investment Partners.

The fund is a Canadian-based trust that invests indirectly in units of the CBRE Global Investment Partners Global Alpha Fund, which has investments in more than 1,900 office, retail, logistical and residential properties in more than 20 countries, representing a combined net asset value of US$2 billion. The global alpha fund has an objective to deliver stable dividend income of 4% to 5% per annum and a net total return of 9% to 11% per annum (in local currency) over a market cycle.

Read: The solution to Canada’s housing crisis

The global alpha fund portfolio is actively managed and follows a value-oriented approach with a focus on relatively high income yields and predictable cash flows.

CI Global Private Real Estate Fund, which is offered on an exempt basis, is now available to permitted clients with a minimum investment of US$2 million (Class-I units) and to accredited investors with a minimum investment of US$150,000 (Class-F units) through registered dealers.

“To further broaden the fund’s appeal, we have built in features designed to enhance the liquidity of the units, given that private real estate holdings are by nature a less liquid investment,” says Neal Kerr, president of CI Institutional Asset Management, in a release.

Also read:

CPPIB to invest $325 million in two logistics ventures

Would your ultra-wealthy clients buy this home? staff


The staff of have been covering news for financial advisors since 1998.