The Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC) handed out a number of awards Friday as part of Financial Planning Week.
John De Goey received the Donald J. Johnston Lifetime Achievement Award in Financial Planning, which recognizes “a lifetime advancement of CFP certification and significant positive impact on the financial planning profession,” says the FPSC in a release.
De Goey is a portfolio manager at Industrial Alliance Securities in Toronto, as well as an author and commentator.
Dawn Hawley, a financial planner with Angus Watt Advisory Group at National Bank Financial in Edmonton, is the only Fellow of FPSC honouree for 2017. The distinction recognizes those who advance FPSC’s purpose and CFP professional standards, and who embody those standards throughout their careers.
Members of the President’s List were recognized for top performance on the CFP exam. For the June 2017 exam, honourees are:
- Sara Ready from Toronto (first place);
- Christopher Krmpotic from Waterloo, Ont. (second-place tie); and
- Tim Schilds from Dawson Creek, B.C. (second-place tie).
November 2016 exam honourees are:
- Kouros Ghanavizchian from Vancouver (first place);
- Kyle Snowden from Grimsby, Ont. (second place); and
- Muizz Saleh from Mississauga, Ont. (third place).