Hedge funds finished the month of July in the red with the Eurekahedge Hedge Fund Index down 0.12%, and the MSCI World Index declining 0.83%.
On a year-to-date basis, hedge funds are up 3.71%, slightly ahead of underlying markets as the MSCI World Index has returned 3.4% over the same period.
- Net asset outflows for July were US$3.58 billion
- European funds shed 1.12%, while Eastern Europe- and Russia-focused funds lost 3.28$ in July
- Emerging market-focused funds gained for the sixth consecutive month, up 1% in July and 4.08% so far this year
- Distressed debt funds gained for the 13th consecutive month, up 0.11% in July and 4.82% so far this year
- Japanese funds are up 0.51%, outperforming the Nikkei 225 Index by more than 5% in 2014