Hedge funds registered their third consecutive month of gains since the start of the year, with the Eurekahedge Hedge Fund Index up 0.83% in March. It outperformed the MSCI World Index, which ended the month down 0.39%.
Here are some key takeaways.
- Hedge funds were up 3.11% in Q1 2015, comparatively outperforming the 1.07% gain for the same period last year.
- Net asset flows during the month were marginally positive following strong inflows in February, when investors allocated US$16.3 billion during the month.
- CTA/managed futures strategies lead with returns of 1.28%, bringing March year-to-date returns up to 4.96%.
- Asia ex-Japan hedge funds are the top performers with gains of 2.10%, led by greater China mandated funds, which were up 5.17%.
- India-focused managers registered their fourteenth consecutive winning month, returning 3.21% and outperforming the BSE Sensex Index by over 7%.