IIAC announced its 2017-18 board of directors and the group’s first appointment of a female chair.
Charyl Galpin, head of the private client division for BMO Nesbitt Burns, has been named chair.
“I am honoured to be selected to lead the IIAC Board through this unprecedented structural change to strengthen investor protection and market efficiency, and help IIAC member firms navigate this evolving landscape for financial services,” Galpin says in a statement.
Steven Donald, president of Assante Wealth Management, will serve as vice-chair.
The other 2017-18 board members are:
- Roger Casgrain, Casgrain & Company
- John Chambers, GMP FirstEnergy
- Pruyn Haskins, Scotia Capital
- Dave Kelly, TD Wealth Private Wealth Management
- Jeff Kennedy, Cormark Securities
- David Lang, Royal Bank of Canada
- Benoit Lauzé, CIBC World Markets
- Martin Lavigne, National Bank Financial
- Andrew Marsh, Richardson GMP
- Sylvain Perreault, Desjardins Group
- Stuart Raftus, Canaccord Genuity
- Richard Rousseau, Raymond James
- Ian Russell, president, IIAC