This post has been updated to include an announcement from PPI Management Inc.
Each week, Advisor.ca summarizes notable moves across the financial industry.
- Cathy Hiscott will take on the role of president with PPI Management Inc. effective Feb. 6, a transition from her current role as executive vice-president of innovation, strategy and finance. Hiscott, who first joined the firm in early 2021, will now be responsible for daily management of the firm, working to best support advisors. She succeeds executive chairman and CEO Jim Virtue in the position, who will focus on those other two roles. Virtue noted in a bulletin that Hiscott has more than 30 years of industry experience that has already led to contributions at the firm tied to aspects like strategic planning, enhanced tools and advisor coaching.
- Anthony Giglio will be joining Canada Life as the new president and CEO of Quadrus Investment Services Ltd. effective Feb. 6. Giglio is coming from TD Wealth where he worked for 15 years and was most recently head of that division’s securities product team. Giglio’s role with Quadrus isn’t new to the company, a representative told Investment Executive, as it was previously held by Tim Prescott and then James McKay in addition to their responsibilities as senior vice-president and head of wealth distribution with Canada Life. Giglio will focus solely on Quadrus, representing “continuous investment in the dealer,” and he’ll report to McKay, the statement said. The “new structure” will allow the firm to grow the overall wealth business while better supporting Quadrus advisors.
- BMO Global Asset Management has appointed Samantha Cleyn as managing director, head of institutional sales and service. With over a decade of industry experience as a senior investment consultant, Cleyn previously worked with firms that include Mercer and Pavilion Advisory Group. Cleyn will be responsible for building and implementing a channel strategy, leadership and direction for BMO GAM’s institutional business.
- Staci Werbin-Tanner has been named director of national accounts with SEI Investments Co.’s asset management distribution team in Canada. Previously serving as director of national accounts with Sun Life Global Investments, Werbin-Tanner brings more than 20 years of asset management experience in the Canadian market to the role.
- Gon Yip and his team, the Gon Yip Wealth Management Group, recently moved to CIBC Wood Gundy from TD Wealth. Working out of the Vancouver Bentall branch, Yip and his four associates — Cynthia Chan, Julia Hung, Stephanie Lo and Kat Zhuang — will continue to focus on small-business owners and individuals alongside their families.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at firstname.lastname@example.org.