New members have been appointed to the OSC’s fintech advisory committee (FAC), which advises OSC staff on developments and trends in the fintech space, as well as the unique challenges encountered by innovative businesses in the securities industry.
- Alan Lysne, Ryerson Futures Inc.
- Asif Qayyum, PwC Canada
- Barrie Laver, Royal Bank of Canada
- Carol Derk, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Christine Day, Questrade Financial Group
- Christian Lassonde, Impression Ventures
- Dan Rosen, d1g1t Inc., University of Toronto
- George Bordianu, Paradiso Ventures
- Gillian Stacey, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
- Hitesh Rathod, NexusCrowd Inc.
- John Lee, TMX Group
- Paritosh Gambhir, KPMG LLP
- Raymond Luk, Hockeystick Co.
- Robert Kirwin, VigilantCS
- Roy Kao, MaRS Discovery District
- Silvio Stroescu, BMO InvestorLine
- Stephanie Choo, Portag3 Ventures
The FAC meets quarterly, with members serving one-year terms, and will be chaired by Pat Chaukos, who leads OSC LaunchPad.