Women in Capital Markets is handing out awards this week to recognize leaders in Canada’s financial industry.
Nicole Miller, managing director and co-head of institutional sales with National Bank Financial Markets’ fixed income, currencies and commodities group, will receive the WCM Transformational Leadership Award at a ceremony on Wednesday.
Miller is being recognized for driving organizational and cultural change on gender diversity and inclusion, a release from WCM said.
The organization is also recognizing five future industry leaders with the WCM Rising Star Award:
- Kelsey Keane, vice-president, equity capital markets, National Bank Financial Markets;
- Valeria Kolobashkina, director, global equities strategy and business management, Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets;
- Kaela Micak, director, investment banking, TD Securities;
- Christiane (Tia) Peric, director, debt syndication, global investment banking, CIBC Capital Markets; and
- Andrea Topić, director, regulatory and optimization, National Bank Financial Markets.
Two women will receive the WCM Outstanding Volunteer Award: Aimee Palmer, vice-president of sales with Aviso Wealth, and June Zimmer, regional president for the Prairies region with BMO Private Wealth.
“These eight women have demonstrated exceptional leadership in accelerating the progress of gender diversity in the Canadian financial markets, and in creating a culture of diversity and inclusion in which everyone can thrive,” said WCM president and CEO Lara Zink in a release.
The awards will be presented Wednesday at the Toronto Region Board of Trade.