The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is seeking applications for membership on its Fintech Advisory Committee (FAC).
The FAC advises OSC LaunchPad staff on developments in the fintech space and the unique challenges faced by innovative businesses in the securities industry. OSC LaunchPad is a dedicated team that provides direct support to eligible fintech businesses in navigating securities regulatory requirements. OSC LaunchPad strives to keep regulation in step with digital innovation.
The FAC will meet quarterly, with additional meetings as required. It will be chaired by Pat Chaukos, deputy director, OSC LaunchPad, and will consist of up to 15 members. Membership terms will be for one year. Members will be selected based on direct experience in one or more of the following:
- digital platforms (e.g., crowdfunding portals, online advisers);
- cryptocurrencies or distributed ledger technologies (e.g., blockchain);
- venture capital, financial services, securities, legal or accounting, with a focus on the fintech or technology sector;
- data science or AI (artificial intelligence);
- fintech or technology entrepreneurship;
- compliance or regtech solutions; or
- cryptography or cybersecurity.
Candidates can apply to Amanda Barone, fintech co-ordinator at OSC LaunchPad, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.