For the 2018-2020 term, the National Group of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) has named a new chair and executive committee.
Taking over as chair is Belle Kaura, vice-president and chief compliance officer at Third Eye Capital. She succeeds Michael Burns, a partner at McMillan, who served for two terms between 2014 and 2018.
Along with Kaura, the new executive committee members are:
- Laura Reid, partner at KPMG LLP (vice-chair)
- Derek Hatoum, partner at PwC LLP (treasurer)
- Darin Renton, partner at Stikeman Elliott LLP (general counsel)
- Stéphane Amara, director at Allianz Global Investors
- Steve Banquier, managing director, prime brokerage and automated execution, TD Securities Inc.
- Daniel Dorenbush, managing director and head of Canadian prime services at Scotiabank
- Kimberley Jansen, director at BMO Capital Markets
- Elissa Johnson, vice-president, international fund services, State Street
- Jesse Kaufman, vice-president and portfolio and investment advisor at Richardson GMP
- Robert Lemon, executive director, prime services, CIBC Capital Markets
- Jeff Ray, vice-president, product development, Mackenzie Investments
- Raj Tandon, founding partner at Algonquin Capital
- Claire Van Wyk-Allan, director, head of Canada, AIMA
- Racheal Wason, director, structured solutions, BMO Capital Markets