The OSC has named new members to its securities proceedings advisory committee (SPAC), which provides commentary and advice on a variety of policy and procedural initiatives related to proceedings before the commission’s administrative tribunal.
The SPAC consists of 10 to 12 members who are in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario and who are currently practising—or have within the last three years practised—in the area of securities litigation. Members serve three-year terms.
Incoming members are:
- Daniel Bach, Siskinds LLP;
- Susan Kushneryk, Hansell LLP;
- Ryan Morris, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP;
- Bruce O’Toole, Crawley MacKewn Brush LLP; and
- Laura Paglia, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP.
Continuing members are:
- Andrea Burke, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP;
- Andrew Gray, Torys LLP;
- Jessica Kimmel, Goodmans LLP;
- Shara Roy, Lenczner Slaght LLP; and
- Usman Sheikh, Gowling WLG.
Additional members include staff of the OSC’s enforcement branch and of the office of the secretary.