The Ontario Securities Commission announced the membership of an advisory council that will report to CEO Grant Vingoe on risks and long-term trends.
The council — composed of senior leadership from investment firms, investor advocates, academics and lawyers — will meet at least quarterly, the commission said in a release on Tuesday. Its insights will supplement the input from other committees that advise staff on specific areas of securities law, industry trends and investor needs.
“The Advisory Council will provide senior-level, candid perspectives on emerging issues impacting the industry, investors and our markets,” Vingoe said in the release.
The members of the advisory council to the CEO are:
- Riaz Ahmed, president and CEO, TD Securities and group head, wholesale banking, TD Bank Group
- Wendy Berman, partner, McCarthy Tetrault LLP
- Mary Condon, dean, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Daniel Daviau, president and CEO, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc.
- Neil Gross, chair of the OSC’s Investor Advisory Panel
- Michael Katchen, CEO, Wealthsimple
- Michelle Khalili, managing director and head, global equity capital markets, Scotiabank
- Bruce Macdonald, a highly experienced financial services professional
- Patricia Olasker, partner, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
- Gerry Rocchi, vice-chair, Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan
- Doug Steiner, a highly experienced financial services professional
- Rob Strickland, president, Fidelity Investments Canada