Have clients in northern Canada? Here are tax tips

By Staff | March 28, 2017 | Last updated on September 15, 2023
1 min read

For Canadians who live in the north, CRA offers two deductions: a residency deduction and a deduction for travel benefits.

To qualify for these deductions, the agency says, “You must have lived, on a permanent basis, in one or more prescribed northern or intermediate zones for at least six consecutive months beginning or ending in the tax year.”

For more, click here.

Also read:

Taxes for Canadians in the North (step-by-step instructions and link to interactive tax guide for Northerners)

Clients have unique tax needs? Here are tips

Advisor.ca staff


The staff of Advisor.ca have been covering news for financial advisors since 1998.