Each week, Investment Executive summarizes notable moves across the financial industry.
- At iA Financial Group, both Éric Jobin and Sean O’Brien are changing roles, effective Jan. 1, 2023 and as part of the firm’s “ongoing transformation program,” a release said. Jobin will transition from executive vice-president, group benefits and retirement solutions, to executive vice-president, operational efficiency. O’Brien, currently executive vice-president, wealth management, will take on Jobin’s previous position but will support the firm’s wealth division until his replacement is chosen, the release added.
- Tom Murphy has been named executive vice-president and chief risk officer for Sun Life globally — with duties tied to the company’s financial, insurance, credit, operational and enterprise risk divisions, and effective Dec. 1. Murphy is currently president of fixed income and head of institutional business for SLC Management, Sun Life’s alternatives asset manager, and a release said he has more than 25 years of global asset management experience. He’s succeeding Colm Freyne, who’s retiring from Sun Life on May 1, 2023.
- RF Capital Group Inc. has chosen David Porter, a Richardson Wealth advisor in Edmonton to join its board as investment advisor (IA) nominee director. He replaces portfolio manager and advisor Marc Dalpé,who works out of Montreal.
- For its 2022-2023 board of directors, CFA Society Toronto has welcomed a new leader and several incoming members. Four members have departed.
- Don Lindsay, industry veteran and the recently-retired president and CEO of Vancouver-based natural resources firm Teck Resources Ltd., is now vice-chair of Manulife Financial Corp.’s board. Effective Feb. 15, 2023, he take over as leader from John Cassaday.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at firstname.lastname@example.org.